ps.map

Clifton Wood cbwood at vt.edu
Thu Oct 15 11:45:50 EDT 1998

Allan Strand wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Before I start let me say that I am
> running a copy of grass4.2.1 version 18 on a FreeBSD machine.  I also
> compiled the code on this machine.
>
> ps.map: I am finding that the ps.map is giving a segmentation fault
> when I attempt to use vector files.  Raster files and sites work fine.
> If I ask the program to paint raster files and vector files, there is
> no segmentation fault, but the vector information does not appear. Is
> this the "same old ps.map problem" ?  If so, what is the appropriate
> fix?

Ouch. No that is *not* the same old ps.map problem. Off of the top of
my head, I would guess something is wrong in the process of converting
the vector to postscript. If you have a core file lying around
somewhere I might be able to tell you. I have to move to the latest
GRASS
anyways, I'm still somewhere in the early teens (heh!)

This seems to be a recent bug. I remember printing vectors just fine
when
I fixed that FIRST ps.map bug.

Clifton B. Wood
Programmer/Analyst for the Entomology Dept. of Va. Tech.
windows98 = n. 64 patches to 32 bit extensions and a graphical
shell for a 16 bit patch to an 8 bit operating system originally
coded for a 4 bit microprocessor, written by a 2 bit company
that can't stand 1 bit of competition.