Installation Tcltkgrass

Charles Dingman cdingman at his.com
Sun Apr 4 21:44:03 EDT 1999

Andrew M McDermott wrote:

> Kazunori Inoue wrote:
>
> > Hello!
> >
> > I have used Grass421(v19) on Linux 2.0.30.
> >
> > I'd just downloaded new TclTkGrass 2.8 binaries and tried to install it.
> >
> > I deleted my  previous version, gunziped & untarred the new archive,
> > logged on Grass as root, changed to tcltkgrass dir and ran 'make'.
> >
> > I just got this message:
> > make: /usr/local/bin/tclsh8.0 Command not found
> > make:*** [install] Error 127
> >
> > I can find /usr/local/bin/tclsh8.0 and wish8.0.
> >
> > When I type
> > cd /usr/local/bin
> > tclsh8.0
> >
> > I get the message
> > tclsh8.0 Command not found
> > It seems to me that tcltk8.0 in my system has some problems. I think the
> > installation was done following the instruction.
> >
> > Please give me some solutions.
> > INOUE Kazunori
> > Water Resources Department_Pacific Consultants International
> > 1-7-5 Sekido, Tama City,Tokyo, Japan,phone: +81(42) 372-6030,fax: +81(42)
> > 372-6359
>
> Make certain that the files tclsh8.0 and wish8.0 are:
> 1) executable  ("chmod a+x /usr/local/bin/tclsh8.0"  and "chmod a+x
> /usr/local/bin/wish8.0")
> 2) make certain they belong to a user/group on your machine
> 3) make symbolic links ("ln -s /usr/local/bin/tclsh8.0 /usr/local/bin/tclsh"
> and
> "ln -s /usr/local/bin/wish8.0 /usr/local/bin/wish" )
>
> and  try again.

I am having similar problems with grass 5 beta on COL 1.3, kernel 2.0.35.
grass tcltk is "built in" I think, but did not work.  I have installed the new
library (ver 8.0) by untarring the archive from root, and get the message--
/usr/local/grass5/bin/tcltkgrass:  /usr/local/bin/wish8.0:  No such file or
directory
and then a repeat of the same message.  I have checked ownership of tclsh8.0
and wish8.0 and they are grass.users.  I set up the symbolic links recommended
above.  The files are all executable by anyone.  They are in the directory
cited.
I have read the scripts and cannot see what is  wrong.  Is Open Linux set up
differently enough to break the usual script?  Or am I just missing something
obvious here?