Digitizing using a mouse

Morten Sickel morten.sickel at nrpa.no
Fri Apr 9 07:45:23 EDT 1999

(I apologize a similiar message just has occured, it didn't seem to
make it to the list from here)

I have recently compiled Grass 4.2.1 for a SparcStation running
linux 2.0.35 /redhat 5.2. Most things seems to work, except for the
digitizing. My plan was to georefer and rectify scanned images,
then use the image as a backdrop for digitizing with the mouse (I
have used that method on Arc/Info with reasonable results) But,
when I start v.digit, I get to the point where I have a screen like

|Point number 0
|
|    Buttons:
|       Left:   Mark a point
|       Middle: (Backup one point)
|       Right:  Quit digitizing

etc. Then absolutely nothing happens. I am not able to draw
anything on the monitor, and I am not able to Quit the digitizing. I
have been looking in the mailinglistarchives and in the files under
the v.digit directory, bu have so far not found anything helpful...

Hoping for some help so that I don't have to chrash my budget to
buy Arc/Info...

Morten