GRASS 4.2.1 lock file problem

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Mon Apr 12 12:01:03 EDT 1999

> From: Charles Dingman <cdingman at his.com>

> "/usr/local/grass42/etc/GIS.sh:  /usr/local/grass42/etc/lock:  No such
> file or directory
> Unable to properly access /home/cdingman/.gislock
> Please notify system personel."

Hi,

sorry for this problem! Please try the following:

   Create locks-directory (the directory must have the name
   of your machine). If you don't know it name, type:

        uname -n

   The first word is the machine's name. Example:
     hgeo02.geog.uni-hannover.de  -> hgeo02

   Proceed with:

      cd locks
      mkdir "machine_name"     (the machine must have a name, not "localhost")
      cd ..
      chmod -R 1777 locks

   Example:

      cd locks
      mkdir hgeo02
      cd ..
      chmod -R 1777 locks

Note, that the command order was changed in opposite to the
installation manual. If this helps or not, please let me know.
We will find a solution!

With regards

  Markus Neteler