digitizer in grass5.0beta

Brook Milligan brook at trillium.NMSU.Edu
Fri Apr 30 18:57:43 EDT 1999

   Am I correct that the digitizer in grass5.0b
   cannot be compiled, because they are missing
	   libdigit.a
   (which was in v.digit2 and therefore should be
   succeded by v.digspline. There is no libdigit made in
   v.digspline. And the paths in digitizers/ still have
   v.digit2 in it.)

   Anyway for digitizers/none ...
   v.digspline should have all of its functions, right?

I got the digit stuff to compile fine by changing a few makefiles to
make the libraries in v.digit and to refer to them appropriately.  All
the changes are part of some diffs I sent to baylor to accomplish a
whole lot more so it should get fixed up sometime soon (I hope).  If
you really want them and are willing to sort out the changes that
apply only to this particular problem, send me a note.  My
recollection, though, is that you just need to enable library making
and reference in the obvious places (I chose v.digit but v.digspline
may accomplish the same).

Now that I think of it, there was one other bug somewhere that needed
tracking down before v.digit would work; it had to do with an infinite
recursion loop in the calling of some function in one of the base
graphics libraries.  Again, the patches I submitted had the fix.  I am
hoping they will be incorporated.

Cheers,
Brook