x servers Re: Linux as an Application Server for GRASS

Malcolm Williamson malcolm at cast.uark.edu
Mon Aug 2 10:16:59 EDT 1999

Duncan Kinder wrote:

> >I had trouble with overlapping dialogue windows blacking out regions of the
> >image in the monitor, but no font errors.
>
> I also experienced this problem with the MicroImage demo version
>
> Is there anything that can be done about this.
>
> Alternatively, where can I find information about X servers generally.
>
> Regards,
>
> Duncan C. Kinder
> dckinder at mountain.net

Spend the money on Hummingbird's Exceed X server - it is a very robust
product, and probably the best of the bunch. We've used it for about
five years now. As a bonus, it includes a very nice ftp client.
--
Best regards,
	-Malcolm

Malcolm D. Williamson                       malcolm at cast.uark.edu
Center for Advanced Spatial Technologies      Voice: 501-575-2734
12 Ozark Hall                                   Fax: 501-575-5218
University of Arkansas, Fayetteville AR 72701
http://www.cast.uark.edu/