tcltkgrass errors SOLVED

arch. Stefano Maffulli stefano.maffulli at DPMPE.UNIFI.IT
Tue Aug 17 04:58:20 EDT 1999

hello all

I finally solved the problem with TclTkGrass under Solaris 2.6: it was
due to a write permission problem in the dir /var/tmp.  I originally
thought that the temp dir was /tmp, but this doesn't seem the sun's idea
:-)

I had to change the owner of the dir to allow root to change the
permissions (it belonged to 310 ?!?  wonder what that is :-))  Now all
works fine.  I discovered the trap trying to view the set output with vi
and vi complained that could not write to /var/tmp.

Thank you for your patience

Stefano Maffulli