ANNOUNCE: new XDRIVER released!

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Wed Aug 25 17:07:58 EDT 1999

Dear GRASS community,

today we can proudly present the new XDRIVER with
*true* 24bit support! We are grateful to Roberto Flor
(ITC-Irst , Trento, Italy), who updated the original
driver software and the d.mon module.

Features:

 - Choose color depth yourself... full support up to 24bit now
 - New parameter "nlev" for d.mon module.
   Using this parameter you will define the number of color levels
   per color channel. Example:
           nlev=8: means 8 level per channel (Red, Green, Blue)
           nlev=256: equal to 24bit GRASS monitor
             (takes some time to allocate memory)

   You will use the d.mon as follows to get a 24bit truecolor GRASS
   Monitor:
           d.mon start=x0 nlev=256
           got a TrueColor (Read-Only!) Visual
           ncolors: 16777216
           allocating memory...
           Graphics driver [x0] started

 The radiometric quality is great!

 Watch an example and get the source code as well as precompiled
 binaries here:
 http://www.geog.uni-hannover.de/grass/xdriver.html

Best regards

  Markus Neteler