GPS Receiver for Sale

Seppo Kaitala seppo.kaitala at helsinki.fi
Fri Aug 27 18:04:33 EDT 1999

Excuse me Richard

But do you have any other contribution to this list.   I   would really
appreciate  if you would send something about your research in connection to
GRASS.   I have not seen you on the mailing list.
I have to confess that I have followed that only 2 years.   Anyhow, I wish you
good luck to get your equipmet sold with a good price.  Anyhow, I am a bit
queries, when did you but your GPS?
Yor discount seems  to me ridicuous!  Doest it include VAT, or what ever you
call it US?

Best Regards

Seppo Kaitala, Senior lecturer, Ph D.
Div. of Environment Biology
University of Helsinki
00014 Helsinki
Finland

(We have common border with Russia but  our country have had   capitalistic
economy since 1917 civil war)

Rich Shepard wrote:

>   My CMT March-II-E GPS receiver is up for sale. <http://www.cmtinc.com>
> It's an absolutely fabulous unit, but we need greater accuracy to build DEMs
> in hilly, wooded terrain (such as quarries west of the Cascades). Since I
> don't need two receivers so I'm selling this one.
>
>   The March-II-E is waterproof, weighs about 2 pounds, has horizontal
> positional accuracy of 1-5 meters (1.5-2.5 typical), 8-channel receiver,
> built-in antenna, extra battery, quick charger and "smart" charger (drains
> battery, recharges, trickle charges when complete), nylon field case,
> upgraded to the latest software. No problems with the satellite rollover
> last weekend because the Motorola engine was built with that in mind. Comes
> with an earlier version of the PC-GPS software (16-bit Windows app; runs
> fine in win9x/NT) for mission planning, feature/job setup, and differential
> correction of the collected data. RCTM-104 version 2 input and NMEA-103
> output, too.  Doesn't become obsolete and lasts a very long time.

Does it run under Linux?