GIS Report 2000: GRASS status?

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Thu Dec 30 15:00:42 EST 1999

Hi there,

next spring there will come out a "GIS report 2000" by
German authors. Of course GRASS should be mentioned there!
Currently I try to answer their questions but I need some
assistance for the user community.

The site of this report is: http://www.gis-report.de
it will be published as a book.

Most of the questions are easy to answer (functionality etc.).
But some are quite difficult. If it could ever be answered
(I am not very shure):

- How many GRASS installations?
    - worldwide:
    - middle Europe:

- How many GRASS users?
    - worldwide:
    - middle Europe:
 (perhaps we multiply the installations with a factor)

If you have any idea here, please tell me. Unfortunately
the paper has to be sent until 1.1.2000 (yes, we are late).

Thanks

 Markus Neteler