GRASS compilation at IRIX 6.5

Rado Bonk bonkr at s-cwis.unomaha.edu
Thu Dec 30 16:24:38 EST 1999

Hello,
In past days I compiled GRASS5.0beta5 at ONYX server (8 CPUs, 2 GB of RAM,
65 GB of disk space) under IRIX 6.5. Some modules were not compiled (see
the list). I was using 'cc' compiler by typing 'export CC=cc'. Maybe it is
possible to compile whole code using another compiler option ( -o32, -n32,
-64). Does anybody has experience with compiling GRASS under IRIX? I think
there is a difference at running speed when using different compiler
options. Is it right.? I will keep the compilation of GRASS in
progress to compile whole source code.
Thanks,
Rado

The list of modules which were not compiled:
src/libes/ogsf
src/libes/g3d
rc/libes/geom
src/display/devices/lib
src/display/devices/CELL
src/general/g.help
src/mapdev/v.digit
src/mapdev/v.geom
src/paint/Interface
src/paint/Drivers/preview
src/paint/Drivers/preview2
src/raster/r.mapcalc
src/sites/s.territory
src/sites/s.normal
src/sites/s.sv
src.contrib/GMSL/ogl3d_linux
src.contrib/GMSL/NVIZ2.2
src.contrib/CERL/imagery/i.rvi.prediction2
src.contrib/CERL/raster/r.rvi
src.contrib/CERL/raster/r.water.fea/src
src.contrib/PURDUE/d.linegraph
src.contrib/PURDUE/s.voronoi