Grass on MkLinux Problem

Angus Carr apcarr at FLASH.LakeheadU.CA
Mon Feb 1 08:18:06 EST 1999

If you are logged on as one user and then su'd to root, then you will
cause a permissions problem with the X display.

Try running grass as the user that logged in. If you prefer for other
reasons, you could try the xhost command, which describes to the X display
who can put a window up. To make it open to anyone (Yes- don't do this,
it's a security risk over the long term) try the command "xhost +" by the
logged-in user.

Enjoy!
Angus.