v.to.rast not working!!

Stephan Eickschen eicksch
Fri Mar 26 07:54:51 EST 1999

Hi everybody,

Justin Hickey wrote more than one year ago:

(...)

> However, when we run v.to.rast,
> on each pass of the program we get the following warning:
>
>         WARNING: Calling G_set_window() in the middle of writing map soil
>
> The program still continues and eventually finishes, however when we display
> the new file with d.rast nothing appears on the screen and d.what.rast
> indicates that all values (I assume this since I didn't check each cell) are
> Null and contain no data.

(...)

> Does anyone have any ideas about what is wrong? Has anyone experienced this
> problem before?

This was related to the floating point version of GRASS 4.X I guess. I
am now working with v. 5.0 beta. Is there a bug fix / work around
available? Maybe it is again a job for us SGI folks since I did not
run into that problem on my Linux box.

Regards,

	Stephan

Stephan Eickschen                     Tel. : +49 (0)251 83-34704
Westfaelische Wilhelms-Universitaet   Fax. : +49 (0)251 83-36100
Institute for Geophysics
Research Unit of Physical Glaciology  email: eicksch at uni-muenster.de
Corrensstrasse 24
48149 Muenster