River data wanted

bob at math.umn.edu bob at math.umn.edu
Mon Nov 8 11:29:41 EST 1999

Thanks to everyone who sent suggestions.  I still have not found a simple
rivers layer to use.  Does the DCW contain this?  How can I find more
about it?  There are some datasets of river flow available, BTW, but this
is both more and less than I need.

> Its not free, but the Digital Chart of the World is inexpensive (US$150 IIRC).
>
> The data is in Vector Product Format (VPF), comes on 4 CDs, and includes documentation and some DOS programs and C code for using the data.
>
> There are some copyright/licensing issues on some of the data (UK, New Zealand & Australia).
>
> I think it was put together by the USGS in the early 90s.  In Australia this is available from AUSLIG; have no idea about European distribution.

Adios,
Chris
--
C.S. Cornuelle
School of Mathematics/MCIM, University of Minnesota
(612) 626-8930v, (612) 624-2333f, bob at math.umn.edu
Ferventer Vestite