Fractal dimension - boxcount.sh

mark.lake at ucl.ac.uk mark.lake at ucl.ac.uk
Sat Oct 2 06:58:41 EDT 1999

I've just put boxcount.sh on my site at the address below.

boxcount.sh is a shell script which allows the user to study how the
boxcounting fractal dimension varies across a raster map. To to do
this it repeatedly calls r.boxcount in a moving window. The moving
window is a square area of a size specified by the user. The centre
of this window is repeatedly moved by an increment also specified by
the user. The region used for analysis is the current GRASS
region. The region covered by output data is smaller by whatever
distance is required to prevent an edge effect given the specified
window size.

Mark

Dr. Mark Lake

Institute of Archaeology              Tel: +44 171 391 1535
University College London
31-34 Gordon Square
London, WC1H 0PY	              Fax: +44 171 383 2572

http://www.ucl.ac.uk/archaeology/research/profiles/lake.htm