Merging DEM's

aanderson = aanderson3 at uswest.net
Fri Oct 8 15:18:28 EDT 1999

I have had some success at reading 7.5 min USGS DEMS, using
Sol Katz's routines which I had to modify to fix some alignment
problems when joining maps together. I have also been able to
use the DLG's from the same source.

Have you tried Katz's stuff?

try:

http://ftp.blm.gov/pub/gis/sdts/dem/old/sdts2dem.tgz