Different users on the same mapset

Luca Palmeri lpalmeri at ux1.unipd.it
Fri Oct 15 06:56:25 EDT 1999

Agustin Lobo wrote:

> On Fri, 15 Oct 1999, Luca Palmeri wrote:
>
> I disagree. In most cases, it is well as it is: different co-workers can
> put their common stuff in PERMANENT, but each one would modify his/her
> own mapsets only.

Agus, I perfectly agree with you. It wasn't my intention to purpose to adopt
my
method of managing mapset privileges for the official GRASS distribution. To
be clear I quote my self:

Luca Palmeri wrote:

> My concern was on using multiple grass shells on different mapsets at the
>
> same time from different machines in NFS.

I was only looking for a quick (and now I understand, also dirt) solution for
achieving this.
And I found that releasing a little bit the constraints on mapset privileges
helped me
in doing that.
I repeat, this is my very special case. I am assuming that I know very well
what I will do
on the dataset.

Ok finally I have to agree on the fact that probably the way it is in GRASS,
is
the best way to manage mapsets privileges in order to avoid all the risks you
cited in your mail, specially for wide working groups. I have been a little
bit too
nivety in opening such a question.

Anyway thanks to everybody in the list for the usefull discussion.

LP

--> Luca Palmeri - Dip. Proc. Chimici dell'Ingengeria
    Universita' di Padova  TEL: +390498275527 -------