Error with binary of Grass 5beta3 in RH 5.1

Alan Wormser n5lf at qsl.net
Sat Oct 16 01:41:31 EDT 1999

I just began with GRASS on my RH5.1 Linux machine.  When I try to enter a
command (either directly or by using tcltkgrass) I get the following error
message:

   d.mon: error in loading shared libraries
   : undefined symbol: __bzero

Where,  "d.mon" is the command I just entered.  It happens on most of the
commands.  -  g.list works with the command line, but not through
tcltkgrass.  So, what library is it looking for?

My system is:
Red Hat 5.1 Linux
Grass 5 beta 3, installed from binaries
It happens whether I use startx in 8 bit or 16 bit mode.

Alan
Newbie at Grass
Toddler stage with Linux