Grass4 d.mon problem under Debian 2.1

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Wed Oct 20 16:03:50 EDT 1999

> Hello, Grass users!
>
> I'm trying to run Grass4.2.1 (version 21, Markus' binaries) but d.mon
> reffuses to work properly.
> When I try to open a display, for instance 'x0', the program freezes. When I
> try to interrupt with CTRL+C, I get the message:
>
> "Problem selecting x0. Will try once more"

Hi!
Perhaps you try to use my new GRASS 4.2.1 install script
which shall do all required installation tricks itself.

http://www.geog.uni-hannover.de/grass/grass421/main_linuxbin.html

NEW 10/99: Install-Script: grass421install.sh

Usage:
sh grass421install.sh grass421_linuxbin21.tar.gz /usr/local/grass42

Have fun

 Markus