Major problem trying to install 5.0beta3 for linux

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Wed Oct 20 21:22:58 EDT 1999

Hi R.Joe,

http://www.geog.uni-hannover.de/grass/grass5/binary/linux/grass5install.sh

Today I have put an updated script there. No bugfixes, but improved
file checking.

> >I didn't see grass5.0beta3 on the keck ftp site, but I didn't look too hard.
Please wait just until next week. GRASS 5 beta4 is stable and will
be published *very* soon.

> /usr/local/grass-5.0b  directory and I was using a /usr/local/grass5.  So I
Fixed.

> release.  s.menu reporting functions are garbled and unreadable (i.e. site
> characteristics, site reports).  Is anyone else having this problem?  I
Also fixed in beta4. The entire sites modules had a general bug due
to library conflicts. This is fixed :-))

You will find several new features (still our secret until next week)
and many modules fixed.

Don't waste any time on beta3, finalising of beta4 is finished.

So far for today

 Markus

(sorry for posting so much here)