GRASS Copyright

Luca Palmeri lpalmeri at ux1.unipd.it
Tue Oct 26 10:59:14 EDT 1999

Bruce Byars wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> It should be noted that GRASS is still Copyright by the GRASS
> Dev. Team, but licensed under GPL.  Hope this clears any
> confusion.
>
> Bruce

Yes, of course it is copyright, "CopyLeft" is just a nikname for
software released
under GPL. Just to recall:

(from http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/copyleft.html)
" To copyleft a program, first we copyright it; then we add distribution
terms,
which are a legal instrument that gives everyone the rights to use,
modify,
and redistribute the program's code or any program derived from it but
only
if the distribution terms are unchanged. "

Luca

--
--> Luca Palmeri - Dip. Proc. Chimici dell'Ingengeria
    Universita' di Padova  TEL: +390498275527 -------