gdbase, postgres?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Oct 26 18:29:44 EDT 1999

On Tue, 26 Oct 1999, Antonio Rodríguez Verdugo wrote:

> Is there anybody working with these databases. And if so, I need some help
> in how to set up my own project database. I don't understand the brief
> Introduction for Gdbase. For example: if I have the spearfish database how
> do I can link it to gdbase or postgres.

Antonio,

  This is what I understand to be the situation: there are some old
GRASS/postgres bindings around. New ones are being developed in Italy. I,
too, need to see the current postgres-6.5.2 usable with GRASS 5. However, I
don't know how to go about linking them as I've never done anything like
this before. But, I'm willing to assist with any and all such efforts.

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
              Making environmentally-responsible mining happen. (SM)
 + 1 503-667-4517 (voice) | + 1 503-667-8863 (fax) | rshepard at appl-ecosys.com