Hurra! NVIZ working

Venkatesh Raghavan raghavan at media.osaka-cu.ac.jp
Fri Sep 10 05:52:18 EDT 1999

Hello,
Thanks to Markus, Jaro and Eliot for making
the linux version of NVIZ and ogl3d available.
Regarding compilation of NVIZ2.2 and ogl3d.
I am now trying to compile NVIZ2.2 on my
Linux machine and I get the following error
-----------------------------------
> tkBind.c:510: `MouseWheelEvent' undeclared here (not in a function)
> tkBind.c:510: initializer element for `eventArray[24].type' is not
constant
> tkBind.c:510: `MouseWheelMask' undeclared here (not in a function)
> tkBind.c:510: initializer element for `eventArray[24].eventMask' is
not constant
> tkBind.c:585: warning: excess elements in array initializer after
`flagArray'
> tkBind.c: In function `HandleEventGenerate':
> tkBind.c:3192: `MouseWheelEvent' undeclared (first use this function)
> tkBind.c:3192: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> tkBind.c:3192: for each function it appears in.)
> make: *** [OBJ.i686-linux-elf/tkBind.o] Error 1

ogl3d compiles alright but when I execute the program
and give the raster file name etc.  it ends up with an
error message which reads as follows;
> Error: GLwMDrawingArea: requested visual not supported

Any leads as to what may be wrong.

Thanks in advance

---------
Venkatesh Raghavan