can not allocate any read/write color cells

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Wed Apr 12 08:37:47 EDT 2000

Hi,

to check the current settings of your video
card
 - start X
 - run: xdpyinfo

Please tell me what you get (especially "color depth").

Note: Today I have put an XDRIVER update in CVS (for GRASS 5 beta7)
      written by Carl Anderson. He updated to run the XDRIVER
      on various platforms with various color depth without
      problems!