ps.map questions

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Thu Apr 13 06:18:58 EDT 2000

On Wed, Apr 12, 2000 at 06:45:57PM -0700, Rich Shepard wrote:
>   Now that I've carefully read the man page for ps.map, I see that it will
> do most -- if not all -- that we require. I didn't see a few things, though,
> and I'd like some insight into how to do these things.
Hi Rich,

please read additional ps.map.new.html:
http://www.geog.uni-hannover.de/grass/gdp/html_grass5/html/ps.map.new.html
(added just now).

Radim Blazek <Radim.Blazek at dhv.cz> added new features:
- cwidth > plotted line width  =  cwidth * category

   ( usefull for any continuous quantity parameter such
                            as flow in rivers)

- offset  > plots parallel line in offset distance

- coffset > offset distance = coffset * category

                    ( combination  of cwidth + coffset makes available
                      display parameters
                       in each direction such as traffic on roads)

- lpos - position in legend (0-omit, repeated number - merge more
                           vectors in one row)
These options are not implemented in interactive mode yet.

acolor  r g b       - for plotting vector areas and
label label for map - for legend labels of vectors

Regards,

 Markus