HEC Hydraulic Models

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Apr 17 20:30:32 EDT 2000

  I've searched the GRASS web site and I see no indication that anyone has
integrated the US Army's Hydraulic Engineering Center (HEC) models with
GRASS. I'm particularly interested in HEC-6 which is used for the evaluation
of scour and deposition in rivers and reservoirs. This program is an
extension to the HEC-2 channel geometry model, incorporating suspended and
bedload sediment data. Sediment gradation and inflow tables are input to the
model, as well as long term inflow hydrographs, and output identifies
reaches and depths of sedimentation and channel scour.

  Any pointers?

Thanks,

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
              Making environmentally-responsible mining happen. (SM)
 + 1 503-667-4517 (voice) | + 1 503-667-8863 (fax) | rshepard at appl-ecosys.com