problems importing acrview shapes

edgar edgar at photo.verm.tu-muenchen.de
Wed Apr 26 11:17:45 EDT 2000

Hi everybody,

I tried to import arcview shape polygons plus attributes using 5.0's
v.in.shape
Unfortunately the imported attributes are associated with a line, not
with the area of the polygon. In consequnce a transformation of the
vector data to raster data results in a raster of the lines, which
include the attribute information. What I need, and this is what I
expected as an output, is a raster of areas including the attribute
information.

Is this a bug in v.in.shape ? Has anyone got an idea what I should do ?
--
Dipl. Geogr. Edgar Aigner
Lehrstuhl für Photogrammetrie und Fernerkundung