[GRASSLIST:1226] Re: grass5beta9 start]

Justin Hickey jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th
Thu Dec 7 02:08:33 EST 2000

Hi Arne

Arne Pallentin wrote:
> well, Eric's suggestion did not work. The -help option (grass5 -help
> ??)
> results in the same error message as grass5 allone or grass5 -text. I
> tried
> and renamed !/.grass5rc and start grass (both, with and without text
> option), but still the same error...

Hmmm. This is really strange if grass5 -help doesn't work, then it means
the unix shell on your system is not interpreting command line
arguments. What are the specs of your system? Does your grass5 script
start with the following?

#! /bin/sh

<skip header>

# Set the GISBASE variable
GISBASE=/usr/people/jhickey/grassCVS/grass
export GISBASE

# Clear the variable that will hold the command line options
CMD_LINE_ARGS=""

# Get the command name
CMD_NAME=`basename $0`
export CMD_NAME

# Go through the command line options
for i in "$@" ; do

    # Use a case to check the command line options
    case $i in

    	# Check if the user asked for help
	help|-h|-help|--help)
	    echo "Usage:"