[GRASSLIST:1259] tcltk problem with grass5b10

Andy Bernat abernatj at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 13 07:39:58 EST 2000

Dear list,
I just compiled grass5b10 using SuSE 7.0 (personal ed.). I got a
message that tcltk wasn't installed but because other applications
using tcltk work, I went ahead and tried loading grass.  All I get is a
tcltk box with a title something like tkgis_set (not quite right but
close) but nothing in the box and there is no response when I click on
it.  Is this a problem with my tcltk installation?  I'm thinking not
because I let SuSE do it automatically and, more importantly, other
applications are having no problems with it.  Or is it a problem with
my grass setup?  I didn't set up any data directories because I thought
I'd be prompted to do so later but I can't get beyond this little box.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Regards,
Andy Bernat.