[GRASSLIST:1266] Re: Fw: Re: Two more grass5b10 gnats

Justin Hickey jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th
Thu Dec 14 02:10:52 EST 2000

Hi Chris

bob at math.umn.edu wrote:
> Error: Error: Aborting!
> Excessive environmental variable length:
> 'PATH=/a/very/many/paths/all/strung/together/over/9/lines/in/the/popup'
> child process exited
> abnormally

Hmmm, it seems I can't reproduce your error message. I made a Tcl/Tk
script that set the PATH environment variable to a string of more than
8000 characters and it never complained. And a search for the error
message in the Grass sources indicates the message is not from Grass. My
"guess" is that the error is caused by your shell. At least I have heard
of these errors occurring in shells.

Sorry I can't be of much help. :(

--
Sincerely,