[GRASSLIST:1271] RE [1253] r.cost whine

tstrang tstrang at trytel.com
Thu Dec 14 04:42:20 EST 2000

Chris

>Rooting around in the directories, I was unable to find out
>where these temporary files might be located.

There is a .tmp directory in every mapset directory. Beneath that will
be a directory called by your machine name.  I've learned to ln -s the
latter to a big empty /tmp ever since my /home partition where I keep
grass data filled up solid doing similar things a few betas back.

Every mapset has its own .tmp. I don't know if there are collision
issues with this in the big scheme of things, but as I'm using only one
grass session and thus mapset at a time there seems to be no problem
with aiming all .tmp/machinename references at the same bucket.

----tom
Tom Strang