[GRASSLIST:1281] Re: [GRASS5] Re: TCL script "gis_gen.tcl" problem

Justin Hickey jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th
Fri Dec 15 01:48:54 EST 2000

Hi again

Justin Hickey wrote:
> What happens is that when the error occurs, a valid $HOME/.grassrc5
> file is not being created. Thus, the next time grass starts, the file
> exists but it does not have the DATABASE, LOCATION, and MAPSET
> variables properly set and creates the empty window.

Actually, I couldn't reproduce the invalid .grassrc5 file. I don't know
how the file is becoming corrupted. If anyone can reproduce an invalid
file, please send me complete details of what you did. If any of those
who reported the problem remember what they did before the error
occurred, please send me any details you can remember. I'm trying to
figure out how the file becomes corrupted so that we might prevent this
situation in the future.

Thank you in advance for any help you might be able to provide.

--
Sincerely,

Jazzman (a.k.a. Justin Hickey)  e-mail: jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th
High Performance Computing Center