[GRASSLIST:1294] Re: erasing selected layers from a monitor

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Mon Dec 18 08:46:06 EST 2000

On Mon, Dec 18, 2000 at 01:34:06PM +0100, mlennert at club.worldonline.be wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is there a possibility for erasing selected layers from a monitor ? In other
> words, when I draw a vector layer with boundaries and then a site map on top
> of that, is it possible to erase just the site map without erasing the entire
> monitor ?

Hi Moritz,

yes, we have a new layered Xdriver2 available which would support such
selective erasing (in conjunction with a new d.layers). The sources
are there, however the development team needs more "staff" to integrate
this new driver into the code. The new driver was written by Pierre de
Mouveaux for beta7. So little extra work would be required to get it into
current CVS version.

Additionally Pierre has been writing improved color support (select colors
by RGB values, all display modules are updated against beta7).

I hope we can integrate it in GRASS 5.1 (in 2001).
Are volunteers out there to take over this job?

Regards

 Markus Neteler
 GRASS Development Team