[GRASSLIST:1322] Compiling beta10 on Debian 2.2

David Finlayson david_finlayson at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 30 19:28:32 EST 2000

I have received a warning from ./configure that it
cannot find the TIFF libraries.  I have the libtiff3g
package installed, including /usr/include/tiffio.h
which according to the Debian man pages has the
TIFFOpen function.  Should I proceed with the
compilation or am I missing something important?

I also received additional warnings about libpq-fe.h
(PostgreSQL) and GL/GLwMDrawA.h both of which I do not
have installed and don't really need unless Grass
demands them.

Warning message from ./config :
checking TIFF include dirs... -I/usr/include
checking TIFF library dirs... -L/usr/lib
checking for TIFFOpen in -ltiff... (cached) no
configure: warning: *** Failed to find TIFF library

Thanks for any tips before I charge ahead.

=====
--
David Finlayson
david_finlayson at yahoo.com