Problem with the CELL-driver

Juergen uzs8jz at uni-bonn.de
Tue Feb 29 11:06:14 EST 2000

Halo all,

I have two, maybe simple questions:

1. When I try to use the CELL-driver in GRASS 5 beta 4, following the
instructions in the GRASS FAQ for GRASS 4.2.1, I get no map D_cell
generated. I can start the cell-driver with d.mon start=CELL and I get
no error message. Commands like d.3d or d.rast are working as well but
as I said before, there is no D_cell file. Did I miss something?

2. Combining two maps (one is a grayscale, one a colored map) with
r.patch I get a colored output map. What I want to create is a
gray-scaled "skin" for a view in d.3d with some areas marked with a
color. Is there a way to change a value in a grayscale map so that it
will be displayed as red, leaving the other values untouched (gray).

Thanks for your help

Juergen Rogozia

BTW: GRASS 5 beta 4 running on SUSE Linux 6.1, compiled with gcc 2.7.2.3