USGS DEM format converter

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Jul 13 13:40:38 EDT 2000

  I've just looked at the online GRASS5 docs, and I cannot find whether or
not there's a converter of the USGS DEM format to GRASS. Is there? If not, I
have code to convert from the .dem format to .tga format, and it will be
quick to modify that to produce ASCII (x, y, z) output. Can even add a
colormap value during the conversion.

  Worth doing?

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
              Making environmentally-responsible mining happen. (SM)
 + 1 503-667-4517 (voice) | + 1 503-667-8863 (fax) | rshepard at appl-ecosys.com