need some advice

Hari Kishore harikishore at iprimus.com.au
Thu Jun 1 11:06:12 EDT 2000

Hello all,

I am new to grass and am seeking advice on organising/compiling some
data sets. For my research project I have a set of (22 to be precise)
orthophotos and DEM.  The orthos covering a portion of a city are at
50cm resolution. Each tile is about 25-35 Megs in size. The Orthos are
in BIL format. I have imported them in to Grass (grass 5.0beta7) and am
contemplating making a mosaic of all the tiles and resample them to say
10 meter resolution. The ultimate aim is to drape vectors (proposed
landuse zones) on these orthos which in turn is to be draped on a
perspective/3D using the DEM.

In short I have 22 high resolution ortho photos that cover my study
area. DEM of the sudy area as one map. Vectors (about 25 layers)  as one
map covering the study area.

To begin with, to achive the above objective, is it necessary to have a
mosaic of orthos ? or would it be possible to drape individual tiles
over one largerDEM.

Also I am having problems compiling the NVIZ module (RH 6.2 on Intel). I
keep getting the following error message.

gstypes.h:8: GL/gl.h: No such file or directory
GS.c:23: GL/gl.h No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [OBJ.i686-linux-elf/GS.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leavng directory 'hari/grass5.0beta/src/libes/ogsf'
make: *** [nwish] Error 2

Any strategies/ suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

cheers

Hari Kishore