GRASS internal: any document?

Andreas Lange Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de
Mon May 1 09:04:00 EDT 2000

Aime Andrea wrote:

> Hi everyone. I'm searching some document that
> explains internals details about GRASS, how
> does it works, something about its structure...
> I know that I can "use the source", but a little
> document about its architecture would be helpful
> (what libraries are there, what functions they
> maka available and how libraries depend on
> each other). Anyone knows if such a document
> is available?
> Thanks
> Aime Andrea

Hi,
which version do you refer to?
for GRASS 4.x: GRASS 4.2 Programmers manual/tutorial,
found at:
http://www.geog.uni-hannover.de/grass/gdp/install-compile/progman.ps.gz
and
http://www.geog.uni-hannover.de/grass/grass421/manuals/

for GRASS 5.0:
http://www.geog.uni-hannover.de/grass/gdp/html_grass5/programming/
(only a collection of APIs)

You will have to read these documents in conjunction with the user
documentation to get answers to your questions. I found the programmers
documentation for GRASS 4.x very useful for GRASS 5.0 too.

HTH,

Andreas
Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de, A.C.Lange at GMX.net