grass5 on linuxPPC

marino vetuschi zuccolini zucco at ugo.dipteris.unige.it
Fri May 12 03:45:03 EDT 2000

Hello to all,
some time ago I tried to compile it on MkLinux and the result was
disastrous: the problem was on MkLinux.
Now I compiled perfeclty grass5 beta7 on my Mac G3. It is fast and stable.
I used Linux2000 kernel version "vmlinux-2.2.14-1.3.0bpmac". I have some
problem with NVIZ due I think to the fact that I use bash shell, and during
the boot of grass , NVIZ automatically starts, stopping all the processes.
Who has Linux2000 on Mac (I have a portable PPC 750) can quietly install it
without change anything in the Makefile of the default modules of grass5.

Have good time

marino

Marino Vetuschi Zuccolini
DIPTERIS -Univ. Genova