ESRI Shape Output (v.out.shape) !

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed May 17 13:55:16 EDT 2000

On Wed, 17 May 2000, David D Gray wrote:

> I was going to develop a filter for this transfer myself, but it is
> possibly not a high prioirity, because if you need this function for
> practical use, I would suggest to export a digital line graph with
> v.out.dlg. This is *very* accurate - I have used it to transfer several
> layers of a 6,500 sq.km. coverage from GRASS dig (in parts) to ArcView.
> And ArcView (and most GIS) will easily import a DLG.

David,

  Doesn't it make sense to use the DLG format as a neutral intermediate? As
I wrote yesterday (or whenever it was), this is well-documented, ASCII for
readability and easy parsing, and acceptable by almost everyone's software.

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
              Making environmentally-responsible mining happen. (SM)
 + 1 503-667-4517 (voice) | + 1 503-667-8863 (fax) | rshepard at appl-ecosys.com