Digitizing in GRASS

Alejandro Imass aimass at net-a1.net
Thu May 18 21:59:17 EDT 2000

David D Gray wrote:

> Hi Alejandro
>
> v.trim does this - as long as you set the threshold option to 0, then
> it won't make any other changes. But you must copy the dig_att file from
> the old map to the new, as v.trim doesn't (it seems) copy attributes.
> It just builds an empty attribute file. Then once you've copied it,
> run v.support. Voila - all excess nodes are gone!
>
> There's also a recent module called v.build.polylines which also
> is supposed to do this but I haven't been able to check it yet.
> But there's no manual way of elliminating just one node while
> in v.digit.

I thought there was some secret keys (like line un-break) because I have
noticed some keys I press accidentally which are not in the menus do some
things, but I haven't looked closely to see what they do.

> David

Thank you David.
Do you have any clue as to what could be happening in my second mail.

Sorry that my character sketch got all messed up. It's just two big polygons
sharing a middle line, and the middle line is cut by a smaller polygon.

Thanks a million.