Comment on new v.in.shape in CVS

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Fri May 19 11:12:36 EDT 2000

David,

todays I tried your updated v.in.shape (CVS version
from yesterday) on some SHAPE-files. These shape files
are in quite bad condition and your new
v.in.shape creates a proper topology from it!

  CONGRATULATIONS!

In my original dataset there have been up to
11 lines parallel (or cutting each other sometimes),
your v.in.shape removed the rubbish perfectly.
So it was a hard test for your module :-)

Keep up the good work!

 Kind regards

   Markus

--
Dipl.-Geogr. Markus Neteler *  University of Hannover
Institute of Physical Geography and Landscape Ecology