Online Spatial Info. System

Venkatesh Raghavan raghavan at media.osaka-cu.ac.jp
Mon May 22 21:48:09 EDT 2000

Hi all,
We have been working on developing online spatial information
systems (SIS) by integrating GIS and RDBMS with the Internet.
An example of the online SIS for serving landslide related
information has recently been developed.
The initial version of the SIS for landslides
in Japan is almost ready. It can be seen at
http://gisws.media.osaka-cu.ac.jp/slidelinks/slide/

The system uses GRASS5.0Beta+PostgeSQL+Apache+PHP3.
We are cleaning up the source code a little and hope
to make it available by June, 2000.Perhaps the code (when it
is available) will be useful to other members of this
list.

Any comments or suggestions are welcome and may be directed
to me.

Thank you.

Venkatesh Raghavan
Osaka City University