[GRASSLIST:1145] Grass / Windows 2000 Setup and VM Ware Question

Rick Thompson rick.thompson at waii.com
Fri Nov 17 15:53:51 EST 2000

Hi,
    I want Grass for a notebook computer running Windows 2000 and have seen
some information from a company named VM Ware (http://www.vmware.com). This
company has a product called 'VMware 2.0 for Windows NT/2000' which utilizes
a virtual machine technology through which Linux can be run on the NT/2000
desktop. Rebooting is not required to go between Windows and Linux.

    Has anyone used this software and successfully run Grass and its monitor
on a Windows PC ?

    This could be an alternative to a dual-boot machine. I only know of PCs
dual-booting Linux and Windows 98, and I would like to use NT or 2000
instead.
    Any suggestions are very welcome.

Thank you.
Rick Thompson