[GRASSLIST:1169] GRASS_0.1-5.tar.gz

Roger Bivand rsb at reclus.nhh.no
Wed Nov 22 09:39:38 EST 2000

I have just uploaded GRASS_0.1-5.tar.gz to
ftp://ftp.ci.tuwien.ac.at/incoming. It is also on:

ftp://reclus.nhh.no/pub/R,

The licence details are explained in the README file.

R CMD check --vsize=16M GRASS runs to completion, but takes a good deal of
time, because of sub-optimal kriging. The package was built with R CMD
build, and R CMD Rd2dvi --pdf also runs for me (RH 6.2, gcc 2.95.2, perl
5.005_03).

It should probably be put on the development section, and only works (and
checks) when run from within GRASS, in the correct GRASS location. It now
uses the standard data set from Burrough & McDonnell "Principles of
Geographical Information Systems", chapters 4 & 5 serving as the examples.

Please let me know if there are obvious things I should improve.

Best wishes,

Roger

--
Roger Bivand
e-mail: Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
and: Department of Geography and Regional Development, University of
Gdansk, al. Mar. J. Pilsudskiego 46, PL-81 378 Gdynia, Poland.