converting polygons to raster

Rado Bonk rado at cosmos.dsc.unomaha.edu
Mon Oct 9 21:30:21 EDT 2000

Hi Stefan,
1. Run v.digit on your vector file
2. Use "t - Re-type a line  (AREA/LINE)" from within "Edit" menu
3. Change all your polygons into area using the tool mentioned above
4. Use "Label" command and label your areas
5. Run v.to.rast. Your raster areas will have discrete values, the same
you gave them by "Label" command in v.digit

It is critical to use "t - Re-type a line  (AREA/LINE)" within v.digit and
convert polygons into areas. They should appear in grey color in v.digit.

Regards,

		Rado
Rado Bonk
Geography and Geology