lines and areas

Malcolm Williamson malcolm at cast.uark.edu
Thu Oct 19 12:25:52 EDT 2000

Stefan,
In v.digit, you can re-type lines to area edges. You can also do this in
bulk by converting to ASCII, using an editor to change all leading "L"s
to "A"s, and re-importing with v.in.ascii. Either way, you'll have to
manually attribute all of the areas in v.digit. Also, I'm really not
sure how robust the GRASS topological model is, especially concerning
multiple levels of nested areas ("islands").

Best regards,
	-Malcolm Williamson
	 CAST - University of Arkansas