More on v.in.shape and Lat-Long

Joseph Brian Adams, PhD brian_adams at jbadams.com
Sun Sep 10 09:59:44 EDT 2000

I have tried this approach, but it seems to create its own set of problems.
The default snap distance of 0.1 seems to be too high for my data.  In order to
get a reasonable map I have to set the snap distance well below the default.
 I start to get some pretty good data at 0.01 or 0.001, but then the code
crashes with a core dump.

Being fairly new to all of this, I am not sure why it is, but using my
convoluted method of v.in.shape with the defaults in a UTM projection, then
v.out.ascii, m.ll2u, then v.in.ascii seems to work.  Of course, as I said, I
lose my attributes this way.

Brian