[GRASSLIST:1740] RE: r3.showdspf.openGL

Eric G. Miller egm2 at jps.net
Sun Apr 15 16:32:06 EDT 2001

On Sun, Apr 15, 2001 at 10:44:06AM -0300, Charles Beaudry wrote:
> I fixed the problem by downloading the sources for LESSTIF and building the
> libraries for my system.  I tried to build g3d again but got stuck in
> r3.showdspf.openGL this time because of  some problem with
> GLwCreateMDrawingArea.  Here follows the output of the g3d build process
> along with the output from the part of the configure program that checks out
> Mesa.
>
> ***************************************
[snip]
> /usr/temp/grass/src/libes/LIB.i686-pc-linux-gnu/libgis.a -lGLU -lGL  -lXm -l
> X11 -lXt -lXext  -L/usr/X11R6/lib -L/lib -lm  -I/usr/include  -L/usr/lib -lz
> OBJ.i686-pc-linux-gnu/new_init_graphics.o: In function `init_graphics':
> /usr/temp/grass/src.contrib/GMSL/g3d/src3d/raster/r3.showdspf.openGL/new_ini
> t_graphics.c:569: undefined reference to `GLwCreateMDrawingArea'
> /usr/temp/grass/src.contrib/GMSL/g3d/src3d/raster/r3.showdspf.openGL/new_ini
> t_graphics.c:628: undefined reference to `GLwCreateMDrawingArea'
[snip]
> ***************************************
> checking GL/gl.h and GL/GLwMDrawA.h...  -I/usr/include/GL
> nd  -I/usr/include/GL
> checking for glBegin in -lGL... (cached) yes
> checking for gluBeginCurve in -lGLU... (cached) yes
> checking for GLwDrawingAreaMakeCurrent in -lGLw... (cached) no
> checking for GLwCreateMDrawingArea in -lGLwM... (cached) no
> ***************************************
>
> I suspect that the version of the widgets I have does not contain
> GLwCreateMDrawingArea and I need it. Could it be that it cannot find the
> widget?  I have the headers GLwDrawA.h, GLwDrawAP.h, GLwMDrawA.h, and
> GLwMDrawAM.h stored in /usr/include/GL.  The function GLwCreateMDrawingArea
> is present in GLwDrawA.h so I cannot figure what is happening.  What does
> (cached) mean?

The configure script caches its results.  You might try removing the
file config.cache at the top level and then rerunning ./configure.
You need -lGLw at least, and depending on how Mesa Widgets are built,
you need -lGLwM as well.  As you can see from above, those linker flags
aren't in the compile command hence the unresolved symbols.

Note that these g3d commands won't be in GRASS 5.0 stable as there are
some unresolved problems with them.

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2 at jps.net>