[GRASSLIST:2255] Re: GISDBASE Issues

Sigrid Hess shess at mail.Uni-Mainz.DE
Fri Aug 3 06:56:45 EDT 2001

Hi Kevin,

E.G. Miller still reported about the problem
of and solution to the bug in the start-up script
(.grass5rc).
I'd like to add the hint: Never start grass with "&" !

Concerning your requested tutorial, there isn't any
secret about, but a helpful beginner's tutorial -you
may be lucky, Markus Neteler designed it farsightedly
in English- ready on the European GRASS Server at
University of Hannover:
http://www.geog.uni-hannover.de/grass/gdp/neteler/manual98.html
(It's not up-dated yet to GRASS 5.0.0pre1, but nevertheless
gives an effective start.)

On the german GRASS Server (held in English), you'll find
also some other helpful tutorials of the GRASS Documentation
Project (GDP).

so far
best wishes

Sigrid